Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fire (Compo) Revision3

"Bomb! Bomb! Oh no !Fire Fire ! There's fire?!"The characters in the television screamed as he waved his hand high up in the air.I was so engrossed in watching the television that I did not even notice my baby sister crawling out of her bed."To be continued..."The narrator said.

I clicked the buttons on the remote control "Click Click" the channels change.Nice show.I put down the remote control and watched.After an hour or so, I felt thirsty and shuffled my way towards the
kitchen to have a can of coke.My jaws dropped."Give that to me !"I snapped as I snatched away the match box away from my little sister.I heaved a sigh of relief, placed it on my computer desk
and shuffled my way back to the kitchen to have a can of coke.

My Little sister pull out the drawer from the kitchen drawer and took out a match box.She lifted up the cover of the matchbox and took out a match from it.She placed it in her hands and swing
it to and fro. Out of the blue, she placed the match at the side of the match box and rubbed against it.A bright flame sparked out."Ouch!"My baby sister screeched and threw the match stick on to a stack of newspaper.

Black thick smoke came out of the kitchen.I paced to the kitchen to have a closer look on it.I froze in fear."A.a.a...?!"I stammered.Fiery fire spread around the kitchen. The fire danced merrily celebrating about their capture.My mind flashed a piece of blank.Suddenly,an idea struck my head.

I dash to the dining room and punched in the digits '995' for the fire fighters hot-line .

Without any delay,the fire fighters arrived at the scene,they gave me the warning and the things
we need to do.We both followed the things we need to do and "Yes! We have been saved !" I erupted in cheers.

2 comments:

tsooc said...

Dear Gladwin,

No mention that there are more than 1 box of matches in the drawer. I thought you already snatched it away already?

The fire also spread too quickly. What caused it to spread so quickly? Were there lots of flammable things scattered around your kitchen?

Finally, if there is a fire, people usually try to get themselves to safety first before calling the fire fighters because by the time they arrived, the victims might already lost their chance to escape. Try to improve on the ending.

Anonymous said...

woo maybe u should improve on covering unexplained part of stories but good try =)